Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2017/07/20 18:50:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Accept Boostport's Avatica Go client into Calcite/Avatica

Francis Chuang has written an Avatica client in Go[1]. I would like to
discuss whether we would accept that as part of Avatica if Francis
contributed it.

We would need to go through the IP contribution process, and that
includes a formal vote on this list and on the incubator list. The
details, including discussion of how we would structure the git
repositories, are in a JIRA case[2]. Track that case if you want to
know all the details.

But I'd like to find out whether people are in favor of this, or have
any concerns.

Julian

[1] https://github.com/Boostport/avatica

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1240

Re: [DISCUSS] Accept Boostport's Avatica Go client into Calcite/Avatica

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
+1. I'm in favor of getting the Go-based Avatica client into Calcite
Avatica.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Agreed. I will get the IP contribution process started.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1