Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Garret Heaton <po...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 01:10:55 UTC

Post-1.0 version confusion

Hi,

I'm currently running 0.10.1 and am looking to upgrade to the latest stable
build. The notice on the downloads page (
http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html) says to wait for 1.0.1, but I see
that 0.11.2 came out today. Are they equivalent? Also, the Ubuntu download
links on couch.io (http://www.couch.io/get#ubuntu) use the version number
"1.0.0_2" in their filenames. Is this the same as 0.11.2? Are these builds
updated to avoid the issue 1.0.0 had?

What's the latest stable version I should be using?

On another note, I tried using the 0.11.2 build and am now getting this
error when starting couchdb: http://gist.github.com/519916. Any hints? I
have a really difficult time getting any useful information out of these
Erlang stack traces.

Thanks!

- Garret

Re: Post-1.0 version confusion

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Fancy testing it, and voting then? :D

Posted by Paul Choi <pa...@plaxo.com>.
Err... my apologies... I didn't intend it to be sent to the entire mailing list. Should've checked the "To" address more carefully.

Dood... you are everywhere these days! :)
Is this for Hipchat or for Chef? I'm running 0.10.x and seems to be alright. Kinda wish I didn't have to compact the database so often, and replication seems to stop once you compact, but other than that, it's pretty stable. I saw a data loss bug for 1.0, so I'm holding off on that.
Congrats btw on the new office space and funding!

-Paul

Posted by Garret Heaton <po...@gmail.com>.

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.