Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/05/11 17:40:56 UTC

org.codehaus.mojo:dependency-maven-plugin takes precedence over org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin

Hi all,

I have been trying to configure the execution of the
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin when the
"dependency:unpack" goal is executed.

According to the stacktrace I get, maven is trying to invoke the
org.codehaus.mojo:dependency-maven-plugin instead - which has a completely
different config syntax.

How does maven resolve the situation where two different plugins are
claiming the same namespace?

Regards,
Graham

RE: org.codehaus.mojo:dependency-maven-plugin takes precedence over org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The metadata at codehaus was cleaned up back when the plugin was
rereleased from apache. Somewhere in your system/proxies, there is an
old piece of the metadata. If you clean out
/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.*, you should be ok. I recognize this
is not ideal. This behavior is fixed in 2.0.7 under MNG2926, but until
2.0.7 comes out, refreshing the metadata, or fully specifying the plugin
is the only workaround.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You should fully specify the plugin...

+ in the pom, make sure you specify the artifactId and groupId

+ on the command line, use groupId:artifactId:version:mojo, ie mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.0-alpha-4:unpack

Wayne