Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by Hannes Koller <hk...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at> on 2005/09/16 11:17:35 UTC

Named Subgroups

Hi,
I have been using ORO for some time and have encountered a problem. I
need to give names to Subgroups (Instead of (or in addition to) the
numbering that is done automatically). Is there a way to do something like

    (?<Day>\d{2})/(?<Month>\d{2})/(?<Year>\d{4})

 which should produce  3 named subgroups  (Day, Month, Year)  and access
them in java like

       match.getGroup("Day")

Is a feature like this already implemented in ORO and I am missing it,
or is it planned for the near future? This would greatly ease my task. TIA

Hannes Koller