Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com> on 2016/12/26 15:14:19 UTC

cdn table and domain_name parameter?

Looking at the ATS 6.2 support for TO which requires a deliveryservice to profile mapping, and was wondering why we still have the profile column (CCR Profile) in deliveryservice?

At first glance it seems to be used for the domain_name parameter only (?), and that could (should?) be moved to the cdn table? Not sure if this was considered when the cdn table was added and decided against for a good reason?

Cheers,
JvD

Re: cdn table and domain_name parameter?

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.
I think we should drop the ‘CCR profile’, but add a Delivery Service profile. We need parameters associated with a DS for sure. I say we also add a profile type that prevents cross-assigning profiles.

Rgds,
JvD

Posted by Steve Malenfant <sm...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know (maybe I'm wrong), the DS parameters are added to each
"Server" Profiles (which is a problem when importing profile for example
and causes ORT issues). Is it really necessary to have a hdr_rw and others
parameters part of the profiles? They can't be generated from the DS table?

Jan, which parameters are you refering to?

Steve

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.