Posted to user@roller.apache.org by dhanashri deshpande <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/09 13:52:50 UTC

Installing Roller4.0.1 On AIX

Hi,

Need help in resolving the following error which we are getting while
installing *Apache Roller 4.0.1 on IBM WebSphere Appllication Server
6.1.0.27

The database used is: DB2 *
Java version : 1.5
Operating system : AIX

Browser : Mozilla , IE 6,7 8

*We have used openjpa-2.0.0 since the version which comes along with the
Roller.war i.e **openjpa-0.9.7-incubating.jar is not working with
Roller4.0.1 on WAS 6.1.
*
Initially we were not getting the roller home page and instead we were
getting an error on UI which said that "setup.rol" could not be found.

We added the setup.rol and register.rol in roller-ui directory
/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/1store/installedApps/sgbsdpwpdev01Node02Cell/roller_WAR.ear/roller.WAR/roller-ui
to check if it helps.
What we found was that it helped roller to find the file and then move ahead
however when it went to some other action then it again failed. So I created
files for 2 action and it worked there upto page display. For register flow,
I was able to see the page to register a new user but when I submit in the
page, it was looking for register!save.rol where it failed.

So it seems like WAS is not able to find out the struts action properly
which are getting loaded in local server successfully. Attached with this
are the logs on server

Please let us know why isin't the Roller application able to locate the
struts actions ( i.e setup.rol or register.rol or other actions ) in its
installed directory ?
Do we need to make any other settings so that Roller application can easily
locate these struts action classes ?

Any help in the able said context would be highly appreciated since we are
running out of time..

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Dhanashri

Re: Installing Roller4.0.1 On AIX

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I don't really have any good advice for you other than turning on INFO
or DEBUG level logging for Roller and Struts so you can see what is
going on. You can do that via your roller-custom.propeties, see the
Installation Guide appendix for details.

You might be able to work through these problems by reading the logs
and tweaking configuration files, but I would be very surprised if
Roller 4.0.1 works with OpenJPA 2.0 without code changes to Roller
itself. Roller 4 was tested with OpenJPA 0.9.7 and since Roller 4.

You might have a better chance with Roller 5, it uses OpenJPA 2.0, and
there is now a Roller 5 release candidate build available for testing
purposes here: http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-5.0/

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
FYI...

     Need filter compatibility flag on Websphere 6.1
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1887

Thanks,