Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN <vi...@rd.francetelecom.fr> on 2000/10/17 15:39:24 UTC

How to get the Xalan ouput as a string ?

Is a way to send the result of the Xalan processor to a String variable ?
I've tried to subclass my own class (FormatterToString ) from
FormatterToHTML() and access the m_charBuf variable but it doesn't even
process my XML/XSL and shows no Exception !

Here is my code:
FormatterToString out_handler = new FormatterToString();

XSLTResultTarget resultTarget = new XSLTResultTarget(out_handler);

StylesheetRoot style_sheet = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(new
XercesLiaison()).processStylesheet("transfo.xsl");

style_sheet.process(new XSLTInputSource(xml_doc), resultTarget);

Maybe someone could tell me how to write my own Formatter for Xalan ?

Thanks.

Vincent Mahé