Posted to user@poi.apache.org by rsb <sc...@progress.com> on 2010/11/02 15:36:19 UTC

Updating Embedded Excel SpreadSheet & Chart Data in PowerPoint

I am trying to automate the updates to several PowerPoint presentations.
Each has several embedded Excel charts.  I have seen and used the code
contained in HSLF Tutorial to successfully access the chart data in the
Excel spread sheet that backs the charts, but I have been unsuccessful at
writing the updated powerpoint back out.  At this point, all I have tried
doing is updating the spreadsheet/chart data so I know the problem does not
lie in some other set of updates.

My question is, once I update the HSSFWorkbook chart was extracted from the
OLEShape, how do I write it back to the Slide?  No Slide has more than one
Excel chart in it.

Thanks

Re: Updating Embedded Excel SpreadSheet & Chart Data in PowerPoint

Posted by rsb <sc...@progress.com>.
Nevermind, I got tired of waiting on a response.  I did it without POI and
just used the Zip and XML related classes in Java.