Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de> on 2004/06/21 08:02:35 UTC

Why don't I get any answer?

Hi,

I've asked 4 questions before and didn't get any answer - could anybody
tell me why? Is this probably an apache-members-only mailing list?

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.
Dion Gillard schrieb:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:23:51 +0200, Peter Nabbefeld
> <pe...@gmx.de> wrote:

>>June, 20th:
>>in the user guide it is mentioned, that project.xml contains a jelly
>>script. As I've not found any maven jelly tags like 'jelly:project', I
>

> Project.xml doesn't contain a jelly script. If you could point out
> where in the guide it says that, we'll fix it.

Right here:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#The_Project_Object_Model

" The POM, in its familiar project.xml form, is now processed as a Jelly
script. In the majority of cases users won't care that the project.xml
is really a Jelly script under the covers but it does allow the use
interpolated values if you wish. I would rather not see logic start
cropping up in project.xml files but the flexibility is there now that
the project.xml file is a stealth Jelly script :-) "

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Arto Pastinen <ar...@ofw.fi>.
.. ehh... forget that, i sould read little carefully before open my big
mouth.. :))

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Arto Pastinen <ar...@ofw.fi>.
Hi!

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.
Dion Gillard schrieb:
> What were your questions?

June, 13th:
I've seen, that the overall user preferences for maven have to be stored
in ${user.home}/build.properties. I'd prefer to either put it into
${user.home}/.maven/build.properties or to rename it to
${user.home}/maven.build.properties. Can I manage it from a config file?
IMO, build.properties is a common name, and if I cannot assign it after
a while to the correct application (who cares about the config of a
running application?), it could be accidently deleted.

June, 14th:
could You please support a goal for the JDK 1.5 Apt utility?

June, 20th:
parameters for goals seem to be poorly documented. Is there a chance to
ask the plugins for parameters, probably even programmatically?

June, 20th:
in the user guide it is mentioned, that project.xml contains a jelly
script. As I've not found any maven jelly tags like 'jelly:project', I
wonder where is the jelly part or how maven parses/executes the file.
Probably I can find out myself, if You could tell me, where (in which
java source) the file project.xml is parsed.

Okay, the last two are of yesterday, but it didn't seem to make a
difference, so I posted after I've seen some activity on the list. The
first and the second one could probably result in an RFE, so I wanted to
get a reply before Maven is final.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
What were your questions?

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by Arto Pastinen <ar...@ofw.fi>.
Hi!

I think that it has been just bad luck.. people has missed you questions.

Artsi

Re: Why don't I get any answer?

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
> I've asked 4 questions before and didn't get any answer - could anybody
> tell me why? Is this probably an apache-members-only mailing list?

Be patient, sometimes takes a little while.  It's definitely not an
members-only thing.
There are plenty of people who answer questions, but they are spread out
across
time zones, with varying amounts of time, availability, energy, and
interest from day
to day.