Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by maxt <ma...@yahoo.com.au> on 2006/11/03 11:23:58 UTC

Locale difference with Console and Windows Service

G'day

I am using Windows XP, Tomcat 5.5.17, JRE 1.5.0_08. I am in Australia. For
testing localization, my Windows Region is set to English, US.

When using the Console, tomcat5.exe, my localization files work correctly,
returning the Locale, en_US.

When using Windows Services, the Locale returned is en.AU with the same code
and Region still set to English, US.

In the Services I am using a Classpath command:
C:\Program Files\BMJ\Tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar
and Java Options:
-Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\BMJ\Tomcat
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\BMJ\Tomcat

Any help explaining how to configure the correct Locale using Services would
be appreciated.

Thanks
Max

Re: Locale difference with Console and Windows Service

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
maxt wrote:
> Further to the below, the same situation applies to the use of the Robot
> class - keystrokes appear correctly when using the Console, but nothing
> happens when using the Service.
>
> Max

Both your questions belong on the users list as per
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

Please re-post.

Mark

Re: Locale difference with Console and Windows Service

Posted by maxt <ma...@yahoo.com.au>.