Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it> on 2007/02/01 10:28:56 UTC

Direct link to internal pages

Dear all,
I should develop a newsletter service and send a mail with link to the
portal where the new issue is stored.

I tried to make some test sending by email the complete reference to the
pane, but it seems to fail (the default home page for anon user is shown
instead).

The only way it works is leaving the jsessionid parameter, but I think this
is intrinsically wrong.

How can I link directly to an internal page (for anon users)?

Thanks,
Stefano

Ing. Stefano Bianchi
Softeco Sismat S.p.A. - www.softeco.it
Via De Marini 1, WTC Tower
16149 GENOA (ITALY)
Tel. +39 010 6026 368
Fax +39 010 6026 350

Re: Direct link to internal pages

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Stefano Bianchi wrote:

> Dear all,
> I should develop a newsletter service and send a mail with link to
> the portal where the new issue is stored.
>
> I tried to make some test sending by email the complete reference
> to the pane, but it seems to fail (the default home page for anon
> user is shown instead).
>
> The only way it works is leaving the jsessionid parameter, but I
> think this is intrinsically wrong.
>
> How can I link directly to an internal page (for anon users)?

 From the term "pane", this sounds like its a question for Jetspeed-1
With Jetspeed-1, we have the concept of "jslinks" for creating links
to pages
Jslinks will not automatically log you into the portal, and you can't
rely on jsessionids being valid over time
Probably best to do this with a referrer redirect solution, although
I don't think its built into j1 as is

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/portlet_config_Velocity.html

Re: Direct link to internal pages

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it>.
Thanks Bhaskar,
do you mean I can call directly a jsp portlet which is included in a pane
portal?
Can you suggest how?
Cheers,
Stefano