Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adam Ratcliffe <ad...@mrigitech.com> on 2004/12/07 22:47:20 UTC

[Configuration] Reloadable Configurations

I'm interested in using Commons Configuration for managing customer-specific
configurations for a hosted application I'm developing.

Given that new configurations will need to be introduced and existing
configurations changed without restarting the server I'll need some
mechanism that periodically checks for configuration file changes and
loads/reloads configurations when the configuration source has changed.

I notice that reloadable configurations is a feature scheduled for Version
1.1, has work started on this already? could this be an opportunity to
contribute?

Cheers
Adam Ratcliffe

RE: [Configuration] Reloadable Configurations

Posted by Adam Ratcliffe <ad...@mrigitech.com>.
Hi Emmanuel !

That's great news. I'm starting implementation of configuration today so I
should be able to give you some early feedback quite soon.

Cheers
Adam

Hello Adam, reloadable configurations is currently implemented in CVS,
you can give it a try with the nightly builds :

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-configuration/

Let us know if it fits your needs, we are very interested in user
feedback on this feature.

Emmanuel Bourg

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net>.