Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Winfield-Blum <ch...@leadingside.com> on 2005/05/12 04:32:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with User Directories

Hi everyone,

My first time sending to this mail list :)
I am setting up user directories but hitting into some problems.

When i try to access on http://domain/~user/
i get:

  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~chris/index.htm on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 SVN/1.2.0-rc3
Server at 219.95.154.252 Port 80

This is my UserDir settings:

UserDir public_html
UserDir disabled root

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
       AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
       Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
</Directory>

the public_html folder exists in /home/user and I even set permissions
to 777 but still no luck.

Any suggestions? this is probably a common question sorry :(

Thanks
Chris