Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/22 20:55:27 UTC

OpenNLP 1.6.0 RC 2 ready for testing

Hi all,

Our second release candidate is ready for testing. RC 1 failed to pass the
initial tests.

The RC 2 can be downloaded from here:
http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.6.0/rc2/

To use it in a maven build set the version for opennlp-tools or
opennlp-uima to 1.6.0 and add the following URL to your settings.xml file:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-1001

The current test plan can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/TestPlan1.6.0

Please sign up for tasks in the test plan.

The release plan can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/ReleasePlanAndTasks1.6.0

The RC contains quite some changes, please refer to the contained issue
list for details.

Thank you,
William

Re: OpenNLP 1.6.0 RC 2 ready for testing

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.
You're right, it was an old version. I assumed that Eclipse m2e would
download the newest version of the snapshot, but it used one from
*cough* mid-2013 *cough*....

Sorry for the confusion! Looking forward to upgrade to OpenNLP 1.6.0!

-- Richard

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.
Richard,

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wiliam,

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Eldad Yamin <el...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
The training and tagging test for the parser showed that it behaves
differently than the 1.5.3 version.

Does anybody know which changes causes that? Otherwise I will start
bisecting.

Jörn

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.
You can find the issue list in the distributable:
issuesFixed/jira-report.html as well as a readme with a summary of the main
important issues.

For your convenience -

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-650?jql=project%20%3D%20OPENNLP%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.6.0

README contents

Apache OpenNLP 1.6.0
===============================

Building from the Source Distribution
-------------------------------------

At least Maven 3.0.0 is required for building.

To build everything execute the following command in the root folder:
    mvn clean install

The results of the build will be placed  in:
    opennlp-distr/target/apache-opennlp-[version]-bin.tar-gz (or .zip)

What is new in Apache OpenNLP 1.6.0
---------------------------------------

This release introduces many new features, improvements and bug fixes. The
API
has been improved for a better consistency and 1.4 deprecated methods were
removed. Now Java 1.7 is required.

Additionally the release contains the following noteworthy changes:

- Added evalutation support to the parser and doccat components
- Added support to Evalita 07/09, Brat and OntoNotes corpus formats
- Now L-BFGS is stable
- Added Snowball to the Stemmer package
- NameFinder now supports a user defined factory
- Added pluggable machine learning support
- Added a lemmatizer module
- Added Cluster, Document Begin and Clark feature generators to the Name
Finder
- Added Liblinear as a Machine Learning addon
- Entity Linker now has a command line interface
- Added sequence classification support

A detailed list of the issues related to this release can be found in the
release
notes.

Requirements
Java 1.7 is required to run OpenNLP
Maven 3.0.0 is required for building it

Known OSGi Issues
In an OSGi environment the following things are not supported:
- The coreference resolution component

Posted by Mike Reed <Mi...@pathar.net>.