Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Steve Sapovits <sa...@gsicommerce.com> on 2002/08/25 20:18:22 UTC

libapreq and Apache 2.0

I'm trying to use mod_perl with Apache 2.0.  Pretty good success so
far, but one package I'm using wants Apache::Cookie which requires
a build of libapreq.  That fails with lots of compilation errors,
which I see others have encountered when I search the net.  One of
those threads mentioned development code being posted to this list.
I'd like to try that if that's the case ...  I can't find any pointers
to that code via the searches I did.

Any other ideas/approaches appreciated.  That would include rolling
back to Apache 1.3 for a while if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance ...

--
Steve Sapovits
sapovitss@gsicommerce.com

Re: libapreq and Apache 2.0

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Steve Sapovits <sa...@gsicommerce.com> writes:

> I'm trying to use mod_perl with Apache 2.0.  Pretty good success so
> far, but one package I'm using wants Apache::Cookie which requires
> a build of libapreq.  That fails with lots of compilation errors,
> which I see others have encountered when I search the net.  One of
> those threads mentioned development code being posted to this list.
> I'd like to try that if that's the case ...  I can't find any pointers
> to that code via the searches I did.
>
> Any other ideas/approaches appreciated.  That would include rolling
> back to Apache 1.3 for a while if that makes sense.

For the immediate future (being the pessimist that I am, probably thru
the remainder of the year),  you'll need to use 1.3.  Right now we are
fleshing out the particulars of the underlying C API; no work on the
modperl interface will likely begin until we have the C interface
squared away.

We're hoping to get libapreq bundled into apache-2 itself, which
will lead to the Apache::Request and Apache::Cookie modules being
included in modperl-2.

--
Joe Schaefer