Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jess Planck <je...@funroe.net> on 2002/04/11 15:50:28 UTC

Apache 2.0 PHP files without extensions

Just starting testing the GA release of Apache 2.0.35, and I am
attempting to use PHP on files without extensions in order to create
services with "user friendly" URI's.

In Apache 1.3.x this could be accomplished in a .htaccess file like so:

<Files RPC>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

Of course this doesn't work in Apache 2.0.35, and I know I probably
missed it in the documentation and in the list archives. I've tried the
following combinations, yet Apache still searches for the Named file as
a directory when a trailing "/" is used. I have switched the order of
the options in several ways, but the the basic <File> wrapper's look
like one of the  following, and none of them seem to work.

<Files RPC>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
AcceptPathInfo on
</Files>

- or -

<Files RPC >
SetOutputFilter PHP
SetInputFilter PHP
</Files>

- or -

<Files RPC>
SetOutputFilter PHP
SetInputFilter PHP
AcceptPathInfo on
</Files>

I started reading up on mod_rewrite, yet I was hoping this was possible
without using that module since it seems like such and elementary
concept... ( I'm probably a little lazy too!) Any suggestions?

thanks!

jess.