Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org> on 2015/11/20 16:36:47 UTC

New committer process

According to this link
(https://community.apache.org/newcommitter.html): "Identifying
potential new committers, calling a vote for their recognition as a
committer and processing the relevant documents is something that the whole
community can contribute to."

But it also says something about private voting.... "We do the vote on the
private mailing list to enable a frank discussion."

It looks like the private voting isn't required to become formal, but a
good to have if we are not sure about inviting a new committer. I guess
this would avoid an awkward  "no" during the voting process. (?)

[]s,
Thiago.

Re: New committer process

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
It is established practice at most ASF projects to discuss and vote for new committers in private.
And it makes perfect sense btw.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: New committer process

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Like saying hi when you meet somebody you know ;).

Re: New committer process

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.
So it is optional.