Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Height, Jason" <JH...@subcorp.com.au> on 2003/01/07 04:35:42 UTC

RE: Requirements [Scanned For Viruses]

- Grinder
Its main problem is that it requires multicast networking. I'm scared
this may be an unsurmountable difficulty on the random customer site.

Although I always thought that it would be nice for JMeter to have an option
to execute test plans from multiple non gui mode JMeter servers for load
balancing.

Correct me if im wrong but JMeter currently only allows a single non gui
server. It would be nice if the number of threads that will be running could
be distributed across multiple machines.

I don't even know if this is possible with the existing architecture, but a
very interesting RFE from my point of view.

Jason

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.
Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited.

ASC is not taken to have waived confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.

While ASC takes steps to identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them.
You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.

The statements in this e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those ASC by someone with authority to do so.

Re: Requirements

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
Scott Eade wrote:
> On 8/01/2003 12:14 AM, "Jordi Salvat i Alabart" <js...@atg.com> wrote:
>
>>That's not correct. JMeter does allow generating load from several
>>machines at once while controlling the test and gathering the results
>>from one single GUI. How good or how bad it is at that I just can't
>>tell, and in any case it's really tough to set up in the presence of
>>firewalls (it uses RMI, and RMI is always tough).
>>
>>Salut,
>>
>>Jordi.
>

> The wiki contains some enhancement ideas pertinent to distributed testing:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JMeterDevelopment/Enhancements

I just added a requirements page to the wiki containing Jordi's list.

Oliver

Re: Requirements

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
On 8/01/2003 12:14 AM, "Jordi Salvat i Alabart" <js...@atg.com> wrote:
> That's not correct. JMeter does allow generating load from several
> machines at once while controlling the test and gathering the results
> from one single GUI. How good or how bad it is at that I just can't
> tell, and in any case it's really tough to set up in the presence of
> firewalls (it uses RMI, and RMI is always tough).
>
> Salut,
>
> Jordi.

The wiki contains some enhancement ideas pertinent to distributed testing:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JMeterDevelopment/Enhancements

Cheers,

Scott
--