Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Christian Tzolov <ct...@pivotal.io> on 2015/07/27 18:50:00 UTC

Apache Geode Service for Ambari

Hello guys,

We have been working on Ambari Service implementation for the Apache Goede
project (http://geode.incubator.apache.org).

The initaial work started under Goede (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-131) but it became clear that
from a tehically standpoint this work is better fited with the Ambari
development rather than Geode.

I would appreciate your thoughts on how we can contribute this work to
Ambari. IMHO,  Geode could be a good candidate for an Ambari common
services.

Thanks,
Christian

--
Christian Tzolov <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tzolov> | Solution Architect,
EMEA Practice Team | Pivotal <http://pivotal.io/>

Re: Apache Geode Service for Ambari

Posted by Christian Tzolov <ct...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Jaimin,

Thanks for the suggestions! I've opened the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12558 issue to track the
progress of this work.

We have put together a working prototype already and will investigate how
to fit it under the common services structure.

Cheers,
Christian

Posted by Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>.
?Hi Christian,