Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/03 14:14:09 UTC

[RELEASE]: propose next snapshot build based on rev. 1499347

Hi,

I would like to propose the next snapshot build based on rev. 1499347.
The SNAPSHOT tag is moved and it is based on trunk rev. 1499345.

The build will include the following languages:

ast cs de el en-GB en-US es fi fr gd gl hu it ja ko nl pt pt-BR ru sk sl
ta zh-CN

Asturian (ast) Czech (cs), German (de), Greek (el), English United
Kingdom (en-GB), English US (en-US), Spanish (es), Finnish (fi) French
(fr), Scottish Gaelic (gd), Galician (gl), Hungarian (hu), Italian (it),
Japanese (ja), Korean (ko), Dutch (nl), Portuguese (pt), Portuguese
Brazil (pt-BR), Russian, (ru), Slovak (sk), Solvenian (sl), Tamil (ta),
Chinese (Simplified)

Note that I have added Greek.

Building, signing and uploading will take some time.

Juergen

PS: cc l10n and qa list, replies to the dev list please

Re: [RELEASE]: propose next snapshot build based on rev. 1499347

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/3/13 3:02 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 7/3/13 2:40 PM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
>> Just now 6:10 PM IST (GMT + 5:30) I made some corrections. Will they appear
>> in the new build?
>
> no, but in the next one. Merging translations back takes time and I
> can't always start again, sorry. And building etc. takes time as well
> and I want to finish the build today if possible.
>
> And I don't update any language without a special request. The deadline
> was on Monday. But you can convince me at any time to merge updates once
> again until next week ;-)

by the way I set the reply-to field to move further discussion on the
dev list ;-)

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1
As I just counted, there are 44 release blocker defects in RESOLVED status.
And more than half should be after the last dev snapshot build.
So we need QE team to focus on verifying those resolved defects and close
them as long as the new dev snapshot build is available.
Thanks Juergen for your outstanding work!

- Shenfeng (Simon)

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/4/13 2:17 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 7/3/13 2:14 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to propose the next snapshot build based on rev. 1499347.
>> The SNAPSHOT tag is moved and it is based on trunk rev. 1499345.
>>
>> The build will include the following languages:
>>
>> ast cs de el en-GB en-US es fi fr gd gl hu it ja ko nl pt pt-BR ru sk sl
>> ta zh-CN
>>
>> Asturian (ast) Czech (cs), German (de), Greek (el), English United
>> Kingdom (en-GB), English US (en-US), Spanish (es), Finnish (fi) French
>> (fr), Scottish Gaelic (gd), Galician (gl), Hungarian (hu), Italian (it),
>> Japanese (ja), Korean (ko), Dutch (nl), Portuguese (pt), Portuguese
>> Brazil (pt-BR), Russian, (ru), Slovak (sk), Solvenian (sl), Tamil (ta),
>> Chinese (Simplified)
>>
>> Note that I have added Greek.
>>
>> Building, signing and uploading will take some time.
>>
>> Juergen
>>
>> PS: cc l10n and qa list, replies to the dev list please
>>

> Windows builds are uploaded but only the exe files. The checksum files
> will take some time.
>
> Mac and src upload is still ongoing but you can check what's there already.
>
> https://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/
>
> Happy testing and review

The upload is finished. But Galician is not up-to-date, my fault. I
simply have overseen that I haven't merged and commit it.

Galician is in progress ;-)

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.