Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Keith McAfee <Ke...@gogallagher.com> on 2005/07/18 21:59:02 UTC

svn 1.2.1

Branko,

This is just a friendly reminder that SVN 1.2.1 has been released, but the
Windows binaries have not yet been updated.

Thanks,

Keith McAfee

Re: svn 1.2.1

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
Christoph Bartoschek <ba...@or.uni-bonn.de> wrote on 07/19/2005
05:16:23 AM:

> Am Dienstag 19 Juli 2005 11:07 schrieb Branko Čibej:
>
> > 4) 1.2.1 is buggy anyway
>
> You say that subversion 1.2.1 is buggy anyway. Is it better to use
1.2.0?  If
> yes, how does a normal user get to know this?

It is not as bad as brane made it out to be.  Over the weekend, someone
discovered that if you run svn st -u from a 1.2.1 client against a pre-1.2
server (such as tigris.org) you get an error.  A fix was made last
evening, and there will likely be a 1.2.2 release shortly.  So maybe we
will never see 1.2.1 binaries for Windows.

Mark

Re: svn 1.2.1

Posted by Christoph Bartoschek <ba...@or.uni-bonn.de>.
Am Dienstag 19 Juli 2005 11:07 schrieb Branko Čibej:

> 4) 1.2.1 is buggy anyway

You say that subversion 1.2.1 is buggy anyway. Is it better to use 1.2.0?  If
yes, how does a normal user get to know this?

Christoph Bartoschek

Re: svn 1.2.1

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Miha Vitorovic wrote:

> Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> wrote on 19.07.2005 10:17:04:
>
> > Keith,
> >
> > This is just a friendly reminder for you to follow the users@ and/or
> > release svn-1.2.1 Windows binaries until a new official ZLib release
> > fixes the latest ZLib security bug.
>
> Now all we need is a way to make the ZLib developers understand that
> entire Subversion for Windows community is at a standstill because of
> theit slow response time :-D

1) They've announced an imminent release
2) It's not just the Subversion community
3) Saying that we're at a standstill is overdoing it a bit
4) 1.2.1 is buggy anyway

-- Brane

Re: svn 1.2.1

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> wrote on 19.07.2005 10:17:04:

> Keith,
>
> This is just a friendly reminder for you to follow the users@ and/or
> release svn-1.2.1 Windows binaries until a new official ZLib release
> fixes the latest ZLib security bug.

Now all we need is a way to make the ZLib developers understand that
entire Subversion for Windows community is at a standstill because of
theit slow response time :-D

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si

Re: svn 1.2.1

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Keith,

Keith McAfee wrote:

> Branko,
>

> This is just a friendly reminder that SVN 1.2.1 has been released, but
> the Windows binaries have not yet been updated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Keith McAfee

-- Brane