Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 刘威 <ti...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2021/07/21 11:19:31 UTC

Apache IoTDB - Apache Skywalking Adapter (Summer 2021 of Open Source Promotion Plan)

Hi, I'm a participant in Summer 2021 of Open Source Promotion Plan. My name is Liu Wei, I come from Northwestern Polytechnical University(NWPU), Xi'an, China.I'm working on creating an IOTDB-Skywalking Adapter. Hope to join community to get more help.

I follow the guide Extend storage | Apache SkyWalking&nbsp;to build my code skeleton and take the Influxdb storage solution as a reference. My Mentor Xiangdong Huang&nbsp;discussed this project with me and gave me some suggestions. What's more,&nbsp;I have pushed my code to&nbsp;Summer2021 / 210070771 · GitLab (summer-ospp.ac.cn)&nbsp;in iotdb-adapter branch.

Now I have a question:&nbsp;
1. Which skywalking version should I base? I pulled skywalking master in June 12th. Maybe it's&nbsp;not stable enough to develop a new storage solution. (My IoTDB version is 0.12.2.)
2. Do you have other helpful information or resources? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks you in advance.

Hope to get reply.

回复: Apache IoTDB - Apache Skywalking Adapter (Summer 2021 of Open Source Promotion Plan)

Posted by 刘威 <ti...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for your suggestions and sharing. My project target is contributing code to skywalking. I will use SessionPool(or Session) in iotdb to implement the adapter. Those blogs will help me know more about IoTDB, thanks.

Posted by Jiajun Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wei,

2021 <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn> is the Chinese equivalent of GSoC

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/iotdb> also

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Wei,

> I think you should update the master branch again.

Yes, keep update with the latest code branch will make it easier to merge
your PR,
as the PR would not be blocked because of conflict.

So, you'd better merge/rebase the master branch frequently.

> I know the official codebase is at GitLab, but in the process, I would
recommend you to use your GitHub fork.

Anyway, you finally need to contribute your codes to Skywalking's official
codebase back,
(and we hope your work can be accepted :D).
At that time, you need to submit a PR on github. We will only review the
modified codes.

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University