Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2019/05/20 18:43:36 UTC

ComDev website, pelican

Long, long ago I opened this:

It has recently been woken up again.

I'm looking for someone to take the reins on this, since I do not really
have time to do it any time before September.

Any volunteers?

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 16:32, Andrew Musselman
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh my bad, I thought this project's name was "community."

The name in committee-info.txt is "Community Development"
The mailing lists are @community.apache.org
The website is http://community.apache.org

However the LDAP project name is comdev, and the SVN resources use
/comdev and /pmc/comdev

I don't know why there is this discrepancy.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:53 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "While there is not an official standard per-se, most projects use
> $project-site.git to host their site generation code...

+1

considering that we have https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/ for
existing code I think the (Git) website repository should be named
comdev-site or community-site.

-Bertrand

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 03:30, Andrew Musselman
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just picking this back up; reminder if anyone's able to pitch in to convert
> files over to markdown I'll appreciate the help.
>
> Beyond that, is there a reason to make a new "comdev-wwwsite" repo instead
> of just setting one up for "community"? Looks like
> http://github.com/apache/community is not being used, would be a nice way
> to surface the code for people to pitch in.

See INFRA-18549

"While there is not an official standard per-se, most projects use
$project-site.git to host their site generation code, and commit the
rendered code to an asf-site branch within that repo, which is then
used by Infra's pubsub system to display the content ..."

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: ComDev website, pelican

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.