Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 08:17:20 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Rampart1.5 Release Candidate ready for testing

Hi All,
     Apache Rampart 1.5 (Rampart version for Axis2 1.5) Release Candidate is
available here.

http://people.apache.org/~nandana/rampart-1.5/RC1/dist/

And the M2 repository can be found here.
http://people.apache.org/~nandana/rampart-1.5/RC1/m2_repo/

Please test and report any issues you may find.

regards,
Nandana

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Rampart1.5 Release Candidate ready for testing

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,
      This is the compatible version with Axis2 1.5. These [1] will be the
fixes / improvements / new features included in this release. Sorry this
file was not included in the RC.

regards,
Nandana

[1] -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/rampart/branches/java/1_5/release-docs/ChangeLog.txt

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by stlecho <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by gerhard presser <gp...@groiss.com>.
Hi thilina,
We are using Axis2 inside an commercial software which allready ships with
many libraries. Because we don't (yet) use a dependency resolution
mechanism, any developer adds libraries he thinks he will need. If
implementations change, libs may become obsolete. If we don't keep track of
this obsolete libs, our classpath would be full of garbage and our
distribution package would be very large.

Because of that, e.g. logging is very tricky if you are using lots of third
party libs. Every lib may use another logging framework/facade. But to trace
back possible errors it would be nice that all components log to the same
destination. So there are some logging-facades available (commons-logging,
slf4j). The components should use this facades for logging and don't need to
mind where the log goes to. Because of that, I don't think that slf4j-jdk14
is an required dependency for this project.

regards,
Gerhard

Posted by Thilina Mahesh Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerhard,