Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Andrew Freeman <aw...@adelphia.net> on 2003/02/21 01:05:20 UTC

[digester] Digester class questions

What is the purpose of the following toString() method call on line 1261 of
the Digester.startElement() method?

	String bodyText = this.bodyText.toString();

As far as I can tell it is never referenced.

Also, on a related note, I personally find it confusing that the Digester
class declares a bodyText StringBuffer field and the startElement() method
declares a local String variable of the same name since they are both
referenced within the same method.  To make things even more confusing, the
bodyTexts ArrayStack field is also used within this method.  The
endElement() method does the same thing.  Is there a good reason for the
local bodyText variable to have the same name as the bodyText field?

TIA,
Andy