Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Gareth Bryan <ga...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/09/27 17:57:12 UTC

[kernel][tests] Unit tests for the kernel?

Hi,

Is anyone out there working on unit tests for the Kernel module?

Does anyone no of a good reason why there shouldn't be unit tests for the
kernel (like "we may change the kernel impl soon")?

I just wanted to check this before I go wasting anytime by writing some.

Cheers,

Gareth
--
  Gareth Bryan
  garethbryan@fastmail.fm

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different…

Re: [kernel][tests] Unit tests for the kernel?

Posted by Siva <si...@sivasundaram.com>.
Gareth,
     IMO,if there is a class,it has to be covered by a unit test
irrespective of whether the class will be changed or removed
in the near future.Until then,we need a test case to ensure
proper functionality.
    I strongly believe that we never waste time by writing test cases.
May be am test infected :)

Siva.

Posted by Patrice Le Vexier <pl...@bellsouth.net>.
Hi Gareth,

if you want some help for the kernel, you're welcome.

Regards

Patrice