Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@excite.com> on 2001/03/07 02:26:17 UTC

GOT ME DROOLING! (Was: Some simple performance results...)

Ya got me drooling!  My pages are 900 to 1300ms, on
a good day!  I initially promised in the 100ms
range for what we are doing.  UUUuuuggggHh: the
pain of it all!

Would love to see Saxon supported in 1.8.3 with
a few paragraphs of how to "make it so"  :-)

Would a few bottles of wine sent to an appropriate
address lubricate the situation?

Steven P. Punte
Chief Technology Officer
AMANSI Corporation
www.amansi.com
steve@amansi.com

>  With 1.8.2 and Xalan1.2.2, I get average response of around 300-400ms,
with
>  a standard deviation of 200-250ms (it varies a bit with my stylesheets)
>  With 1.8.3 and Saxon 6.2.1 and everything else the same, the average
>  response is about 20-30ms.  Standard deviation is also similarly
improved.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

Re: Ultraedit?

Posted by Jens Klein <je...@jensquadrat.de>.
I cant help you, but also looking for the same.
if you find such a file, plz let me know. i'll inform you about my hits
too.

meanwhile i use the hack, that i syn-highlight it like XML, so its a bit
better readable (Just add the extension XSP to the XML-Section of the
ultraedit wordfile.txt, downloadable from the ultraedit-homepage). the
same you can do to the .xmap and other extensions from xml-files not
ending with .xml

Jens Klein

Ultraedit?

Posted by Tiberiu Dondera <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Many of you who have develloped under windows probably know about
ultraedit...
Anybody out there devised a syntax coloring file for xsp?
(Kinda like what Ovidiu Predescu did for emacs)?

Thank you in advance,
Tiberiu Dondera

(and no, I won't learn emacs and start programming under linux... :)

AW: GOT ME DROOLING! (Was: Some simple performance results...)

Posted by Matthias Krehl <ma...@key-work.de>.
for every single bit!

matthias

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Steven Punte wrote:

> Ya got me drooling!  My pages are 900 to 1300ms, on
> a good day!  I initially promised in the 100ms
> range for what we are doing.  UUUuuuggggHh: the
> pain of it all!
>
> Would love to see Saxon supported in 1.8.3 with
> a few paragraphs of how to "make it so"  :-)

edit cocoon.properties and switch the xslt transformer from xalan to
saxon. you _might_ have to rebuild cocoon after downloading saxon and
putting it in your classpath, i'm not 100% sure on that, but ant makes it
trivial.

> Would a few bottles of wine sent to an appropriate
> address lubricate the situation?

hmm..... cocoon time for treats - that's a good thought. i wonder if it
would be ethical of me to solicit treats for fixing esql bugs, or adding
features? :)

- donald