Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vincent Li <vl...@vcn.bc.ca> on 2007/04/26 00:23:05 UTC

Re: [SPAM] Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.0-rc3 PRERELEASE available!

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Rick Macdougall wrote:

> Justin Mason wrote:
>>  Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.0-rc3 is now available!  This is a *PRERELEASE*,
>>  not the full release of 3.2.0.
>>
>>  Downloads are available from:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~jm/devel/
>
> It's running here but I'm getting hammered by joe job bounces and I don't see
> any VBounce rules firing.  It is not commented out in v320.pre.
>
> Am I missing something ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick

Have you specified

whitelist_bounce_relays      hostname_of_your_MTA

in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf ?

It works on my site.

Vincent Li
http://bl0g.blogdns.com

Re: Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.0-rc3 PRERELEASE available!

Posted by Vincent Li <vl...@vcn.bc.ca>.
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Rick Macdougall wrote:

> Vincent Li wrote:
>>  On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Rick Macdougall wrote:
>> >
>> >  It's running here but I'm getting hammered by joe job bounces and I
>> >  don't see any VBounce rules firing.  It is not commented out in
>> >  v320.pre.
>> >

>>  Have you specified
>>
>>  whitelist_bounce_relays      hostname_of_your_MTA
>>
>>  in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf ?
>>
>>  It works on my site.
>

> I didn't, I do now, no difference (restarted spamd of course).
>
> man page says that's an option anyways.
>
> Thanks for replying though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick

Quote from 20_vbounce.cf

----
# You should also add 'whitelist_bounce_relays' lines, describing the names of
# your own outgoing mail relays, like so:
#
#   whitelist_bounce_relays       dogma.boxhost.net
#
# This is used to 'rescue' legitimate bounce messages that were generated in
# response to mail you really *did* send.  If you don't do this, the
# "BOUNCE_MESSAGE" rule will not fire.  See 'perldoc VBounce.pm' for more
# details.
----

To my understanding, once you add whitelist_bounce_relays, it should fire.

Vincent

Re: [SPAM] Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.0-rc3 PRERELEASE available!

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@ummm-beer.com>.