Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by p....@almerys.com on 2007/09/05 11:01:44 UTC

[AXIS2] ClassLoading and duplicate JARs

Hi all Axis2 users,
I have a question about classloading in Axis2:
If I have a JAR in WEB-INF/lib folder of the WAR and in the lib folder of
my .aar service archive, which one will be loaded by Axis2 when a
WebService calls a class in this JAR?
If Axis2 loads the one in the war archive, will the files in the aar still
be loadable by the JAR in the WAR?
Is it possible to configure this behaviour in Axis2 (like
PARENT_FIRST/PARENT_LAST option in Websphere)?

Thanks in advance for the answers,

Pierre

Re: [AXIS2] ClassLoading and duplicate JARs

Posted by FFF7878 <p....@almerys.com>.
Hi all,
Is this bug already fixed in the latest nightly or is it still applicable?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Deepal Jayasinghe-2 wrote:

> p.casenove@almerys.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi all Axis2 users,
>> I have a question about classloading in Axis2:
>> If I have a JAR in WEB-INF/lib folder of the WAR and in the lib folder
>> of my .aar service archive, which one will be loaded by Axis2 when a
>> WebService calls a class in this JAR?
>> If Axis2 loads the one in the war archive, will the files in the aar
>> still be loadable by the JAR in the WAR?
> Well, that is one of the bug in Axis2 class loader and there is a JIRA
> as well . We wanted to fix that for 1.3 , somehow we didnt do that. I
> will fix that soon and make the feature available in nightly build
>
> Thanks
> Deepal

Re: [AXIS2] ClassLoading and duplicate JARs

Posted by p....@almerys.com.
Thanks for the answer.
I'll wait for this nightly build so.
What JIRA covers this point (so that I can observe it and get noticed when
corrected)?

Thanks ,

Pierre

Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>