Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Juergen Haeussler <ju...@wieland.de> on 2007/06/19 11:13:31 UTC

problems with ws and corba call in one client

Hi there,

we recently started to use axis2/c for accessing a Java-Webservice
(SOAP-Version 1.1) running in a JBoss 4.2 application server from within
our QT-/C++-Client.
We are additionally using Corba services as well.
Our Webservice call works correctly but it seems that something is left
(some port binding or something like that), because no corba call could be
established after that WS call.
If we leave out the WS call, the corba call works.

Here is our code:

      std::string logFileName = webServiceName + "_" + eventName + ".log";
      const axutil_env_t* env = axutil_env_create_all(logFileName.c_str(),
AXIS2_LOG_LEVEL_TRACE);
      axis2_options_t* options = axis2_options_create(env);
      axis2_options_set_soap_version_uri(options, env,
AXIOM_SOAP11_SOAP_ENVELOPE_NAMESPACE_URI);

      std::string wsAddress = getServerAdresse(webServiceName) + "/" +
webServiceName + "ImplService/" + webServiceName + "Impl";
      const axis2_char_t* address = wsAddress.c_str();
      axis2_endpoint_ref_t* endpoint_ref = axis2_endpoint_ref_create(env,
address);
      axis2_options_set_to(options, env, endpoint_ref);

      const axis2_char_t* client_home = AXIS2_GETENV("AXIS2C_HOME");
      if (!client_home && !strcmp(client_home, ""))
            client_home = "../..";
      axis2_svc_client_t* svc_client = axis2_svc_client_create(env,
client_home);
      if (!svc_client)
      {
            AXIS2_LOG_ERROR(env->log, AXIS2_LOG_SI, "Stub invoke FAILED:
Error code:"
                        " %d :: %s", env->error->error_number,
                        AXIS2_ERROR_GET_MESSAGE(env->error));
      }
      axis2_svc_client_set_options(svc_client, env, options);

      std::string nameSpace = "http://" + webServiceName + "/";
      axiom_namespace_t *ns1 = axiom_namespace_create(env,
nameSpace.c_str(), "ns1");

      axiom_node_t *payload = NULL;
      axiom_element_t* payload_om_ele = axiom_element_create(env, NULL,
eventName.c_str(), ns1, &payload);

      axiom_node_t* param_om_node = 0;
      axiom_element_t* param_om_ele = axiom_element_create(env, payload,
"input", NULL, &param_om_node);
      axiom_element_set_text(param_om_ele, env, in.c_str(), param_om_node);

      axis2_char_t* buffer = axiom_node_to_string(payload, env);
      printf("%s\n", buffer);
      AXIS2_FREE(env->allocator, buffer);

      axiom_node_t* ret_node = axis2_svc_client_send_receive(svc_client,
env, payload);

      if (axis2_svc_client_get_last_response_has_fault(svc_client, env))
      {
            //TODO: handle soap faults
      }

      if (ret_node)
      {
                  if (axiom_node_get_node_type(ret_node, env) ==
AXIOM_ELEMENT)
                  {
                  //... parsing ws response
            }
      }
      else
      {
            AXIS2_LOG_ERROR(env->log, AXIS2_LOG_SI, "Stub invoke FAILED:
Error code:"
                        " %d :: %s", env->error->error_number,
                        AXIS2_ERROR_GET_MESSAGE(env->error));
      }

      if (svc_client)
      {
            axis2_svc_client_free(svc_client, env);
            svc_client = 0;
      }

      if (env)
      {
          axutil_env_free((axutil_env_t *) env);
          env = 0;
      }

Do we have to free anything else or to close any connections to the server
or something like that?
(If we have a look at our network connections via netstat, we se that the
connection to the jboss remains opened.)

Is there anybody who can imagine what could conflict with corba calls out
of the same client application?

Thanks,

Jürgen Häußler (IT/Hae)

IF - Fertigungsleitsysteme, Anwendungsintegration, Web-Anwendungen

Tel.: +49 (0)731 944-6118

Wieland-Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand:
Harald Kroener, Sprecher
Dr. Jörg Hanisch
Werner T. Traa
Dr. Ulrich Hartmann

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Eychmüller
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ulm

Re: Re: problems with ws and corba call in one client

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juergen,
                Please find my comments inline.

On 6/21/07, Juergen Haeussler <ju...@wieland.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we recently found the problem:
>
> In util/src/network_handler.c - lines 239-240 the default behaviour of
> socket creation through windows API gets changed:
>
> setsockopt(INVALID_SOCKET, SOL_SOCKET, SO_OPENTYPE, (char *)&sock_opt,
>               sizeof(sock_opt));
>
> As you can find in the MSDN documentation for SOL_SOCKET Socket Options,
> one should not use this options:
>
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic18467.jpg)
> (Have a look at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740532.aspx)
>
> As we did comment out this two lines, everything worked correctly: the WS
> call and subsequent Corba calls did work correctly.
>
> Does anybody know whom to contact for a change request?

Please create a Jira issue and attach your patch there. We may be able to
ship it with next release.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
http://xydinesh.wordpress.com/
GPG Key ID : A255955C

Re: Re: Re: problems with ws and corba call in one client

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juergen,

On 6/22/07, Juergen Haeussler <ju...@wieland.de> wrote:

> Hi Sahan,
>
> does this mean, I do not have to report the problem in jira as Dinesh
> Premalal adviced me to?

Better if you can report the problem as a Jira issue since we will have a
record of the bug.

Thanks
-sahan

Thanks,

Antwort: Re: Re: problems with ws and corba call in one client

Posted by Juergen Haeussler <ju...@wieland.de>.
Hi Sahan,

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juergen,

Re: [AXIS2C] Operation Not Found

Posted by "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <fl...@drb.insel.de>.
one addition, Mark,

if you use Java and the generated Java stubs like

stub = new <TYPE>SOAP11PortStub
("http://drb7n:9091/axis2/services/<TYPE>")...

the argument in the constructor is crucial. I misspelled it once and the
result was an "Operation not found"...

Flori

Re: [AXIS2C] Operation Not Found

Posted by "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <fl...@drb.insel.de>.
Hi Mark,

> when does this occurs ?

I just can speak about my own experience. You should check the generated
files in order to find out, that the servicefunction was really generated.
Just check the note I left here yesterday "codegen problem". In this case
I experienced the "Operation not found". And true: the necessary calls
were NOT generated in axis2_svc_skel_<SERVICE>_invoke().

> what i am doing wrong ?

I found out it is very hard (but very helpful) to read the generated
sources.

> why the breakpoints i set in dll-project doesn't work ?

Don't know about dll - I have Linux here :-)

Flori

[AXIS2C] Operation Not Found

Posted by Mark Nüßler <ma...@9elements.com>.
hello users,

when i'm trying to request my generated c service,
i alway get the fault 'Operation Not Found'.

i am using latest c-svn, build myself
and latest java-nightly.

when does this occurs ?
what i am doing wrong ?
why the breakpoints i set in dll-project doesn't work ?

any suggestions ?

mfg derMark

Antwort: Re: problems with ws and corba call in one client

Posted by Juergen Haeussler <ju...@wieland.de>.
Hi there,

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.