Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Jonathan Melhuish <j....@signal.qinetiq.com> on 2004/03/15 17:13:27 UTC

Problem re-importing XML files

I'm currently using Xindice 1.0 (I'm looking to move to 1.1 but I'm
having problems on that front, too).

I've exported my database to a set of XML files using the command-line
tool, and performed a little data-processing on it.  I know want to
re-import my records.  I deleted the "db" folder as it seemed like the
easiest way to clear out the old records.

I have successfully added my "sne" collection (under which all of the
records are stored) and the list of collections shows this.  I typed
"xindice import -c /db -f ./export", and received "Reading files from:
export", with a slight delay and no errors.  However typing "xindice
xpath -c /db/sne -q /" still returns no results, and the sne.tbl is
still only 12K :-(

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

TIA,

Jon

Re: Problem re-importing XML files

Posted by Jonathan Melhuish <j....@signal.qinetiq.com>.
Jonathan Melhuish a ?crit :

> I'm currently using Xindice 1.0 (I'm looking to move to 1.1 but I'm
> having problems on that front, too).
>
> I've exported my database to a set of XML files using the command-line
> tool, and performed a little data-processing on it.  I now want to
> import my records.  I deleted the "db" folder as it seemed like the
> easiest way to clear out the old records.
>
> I have successfully added my "sne" collection (under which all of the
> records are stored) and the list of collections shows this.  I typed
> "xindice import -c /db -f ./export", and received "Reading files from:
> export", with a slight delay and no errors.  However typing "xindice
> xpath -c /db/sne -q /" still returns no results, and the sne.tbl is
> still only 12K :-(

Yay!  I fixed it! :-)

It appears that Xindice doesn't import directory structures(?).  Thus
this structure:

/export/
/export/sne/
/export/sne/file.xml

Does not get translated to:

/db/
/db/sne
/db/sne/file

Which seems like a bit of a limitation to me, but fortunately it doesn't
make much odds in my case.

I hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

Jon
PS:  If you can think of any keywords that might help people find this
thread in future, please reply with them.