Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Steve Lewis <sl...@yahoo.com> on 2013/04/19 17:16:42 UTC

TextInput Control

Hi,

We just deployed a Flex (4.9.1) AIR (3.4) mobile app nationwide and the
response has been very positive.  Really appreciate everyone's hard work to
keep the Flex platform moving forward.  The biggest issue we are dealing
with from users is not being able to fire the numeric keyboard directly.
They have to switch to it from the default keyboard.  We are using
spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin.  I realize you lose keyboard control when
this skin is used, however, when I remove it the scrolling issue surfaces -
(numeric keyboard shows when skin is removed).  I have been following this
issue for a while and was wondering if any solutions are available or plans
to fix in future?

Thanks

Steve

RE: TextInput Control

Posted by Steve Lewis <sl...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the responses.  Doesn't sound real promising.  Is the numeric
keyboard that much different than the default - other than having less
chars? I think a custom component might be the best route.  Just want to
display numbers 1 thru 9. Pretty sure there is a way to intercept the call
to the default keyboard and call something else...hopefully.  Anyway, thanks
for the help.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: TextInput Control

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: TextInput Control

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.
Just my 2 cents on this one...

This is a very visible issue. Flex could gain a lot by having it addressed.
I've had to sacrifice the numeric keyboard functionality in a large mobile
app also because of it.

Users do notice that.

*Lionel A. Pierre*