Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Dima Kostenich <di...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/03 18:02:56 UTC

SSTable min/max size

Hello,

A brief preview (just to clarify the situation). We are making some
research in the sphere of optimization of storage HW/FW to make it more
"friendly" to Cassandra's large sequential IO requests. During our research
work we faced a situation where we need to know some facts about minimum
and maximum possible sizes of SSTable files on disk. Other files
(especially index file) are also in the sphere of our interest. We
discovered that, for example, in leveled compaction strategy the possible
maximum size of SSTable is limited by 160 Mb by default. At the same time
minimum possible size is still unclear to us. But compaction is just part
of the problem. It will be great to understand which min/max sizes of
SSTables are possible during flushing from Memtable? We stuck a little bit
here and have very limited amount of time for our research. So, any help,
any hint will be appreciated. Many thanks for your attention! Hope for your
answers.

--
Best Regards,
Dima Kostenich