Posted to users@felix.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2019/03/15 17:27:08 UTC

/META-INF/services and maven-bundle-plugin

It appears that the maven-bundle-plugin does not include files in the
target/classes/META-INF/ directory when it builds the resulting jar
file.  Is there some configuration I can use to force it to include
those files?  We have some ServiceLoader service definitions,
generated by the Immutables library for use by GSON for JSON
serialization and we'd like them included in the jar file.

Thanks,

James

Re: /META-INF/services and maven-bundle-plugin

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Unfortunately, the services file is generated by an APT processor
provided by the Immutables library:

https://immutables.github.io/json.html#generating-type-adapters

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Maybe you can use a regular resource there.

Regards
JB

On 15/03/2019 18:27, James Carman wrote:
> It appears that the maven-bundle-plugin does not include files in the
> target/classes/META-INF/ directory when it builds the resulting jar
> file.  Is there some configuration I can use to force it to include
> those files?  We have some ServiceLoader service definitions,
> generated by the Immutables library for use by GSON for JSON
> serialization and we'd like them included in the jar file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: /META-INF/services and maven-bundle-plugin

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I’m sure there are any number of things I can do.  I didn’t know if the
bundle plugin had a configuration I could use to help.  I tried a bunch of
the settings, but nothing seems to help.  I would consider it a bug that it
removes files that are found in target/classes.  Would the Felix folks
agree it’s a bug?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.