Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Maybin Muyeba <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/08 13:37:09 UTC

Java/SVG - Stopping Batik in Java

Dear sir,

I have an SVG program that creates graphs using J2EE and Batik 1.1. But when
I execute the program in main() method of the graph.java program,
the process still runs when I open Task Manager in Windows 2000.

i.e. the program thread continues to run and is not terminated by anything
even if all the method calls have been returned.

Is there any command that is used to stop SVG Java threads to stop like

say   .close(), .stop() etc.

I would appreciate your help

Maybin
----------

Software enginner
Granada Learning
Manchester

07903495760

Java/SVG - Stopping Batik in Java

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

MM> Dear sir, I have an SVG program that creates graphs using J2EE and
MM> Batik 1.1. But when I execute the program in main() method of the
MM> graph.java program, the process still runs when I open Task
MM> Manager in Windows 2000.

MM> i.e. the program thread continues to run and is not terminated by
MM> anything even if all the method calls have been returned.

    As I mentiond in the other message, this is due to the AWT event
threads.  Batik has no control over these.

MM> Is there any command that is used to stop SVG Java threads to stop
MM> like

    These aren't SVG Java Threads they are AWT's threads.  This may be
fixed in JDK 1.4 (It should be when used in headless mode).

MM> say .close(), .stop() etc.

    System.exit()?

MM> I would appreciate your help

    I don't know that I helped, but I hope you are at least pointed in
the right direction now.

Java/SVG - Stopping Batik in Java

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

MM> Dear sir, I have an SVG program that creates graphs using J2EE and
MM> Batik 1.1. But when I execute the program in main() method of the
MM> graph.java program, the process still runs when I open Task
MM> Manager in Windows 2000.

MM> i.e. the program thread continues to run and is not terminated by
MM> anything even if all the method calls have been returned.

    As I mentiond in the other message, this is due to the AWT event
threads.  Batik has no control over these.

MM> Is there any command that is used to stop SVG Java threads to stop
MM> like

    These aren't SVG Java Threads they are AWT's threads.  This may be
fixed in JDK 1.4 (It should be when used in headless mode).

MM> say .close(), .stop() etc.

    System.exit()?