Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Anisha Agarwal <aa...@ddn.com> on 2013/08/16 23:34:40 UTC

Specify path to config files

Hello all,

I am trying to deploy Ambari using the APIs.
If I have custom Hadoop configuration xml files (core-site.xml/hdfs-site.xml etc), is there a way to specify the path to these files using the APIs?

Thanks,
Anisha

Re: Specify path to config files

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Anisha,

Currently Ambari always deploys the config files to default locations
and cannot specify where they will be deployed.

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Specify path to config files

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Anisha,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Specify path to config files

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
The Ambari API does not take path to config files as input. You need to
provide the content of *-site.xml file as property value pairs.

E.g. (assuming you are using version 1.2.4.9)
curl -i -X PUT -u admin:admin -d '{"Clusters": {"desired_config": {"type":
"core-site", "tag": "version2", "properties" : { "fs.default.name" :
"localhost:8020",...}}}}' http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1

Thanks
Sumit

--