Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Support <ad...@e-blokos.com> on 2020/01/23 12:17:00 UTC

Network Vector Rendering (NVR)

Does anybody know if there is a chance
that guacamole will work with Network Vector Rendering (NVR) from S2?
it looks like a very promising technology for clientless secure remote
browser.
https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-and-remote-browser-isolation/

David

Re: Network Vector Rendering (NVR)

Posted by Support <ad...@e-blokos.com>.
On 1/26/2020 3:50 AM, Nick Couchman wrote:

>     Sounds great What your advice, what is the best for Linux, XenApp
>     or VmWare?
>

> Don't use Flash.  It's being discontinued in the Chrome engine (which
> powers Chrome plus Microsoft's new version of Edge) in December 2020,
> and I wouldn't waste a lot of time setting up a solution to try to
> accelerate a technology that's going away in 11 months.
>
> But, I understand that sometimes you must support it, and I don't know
> that I can offer any advice as to what is best.  It depends on what
> you're trying to do, what is supported by the Flash content you're
> trying to view, etc. I always try to go the Linux route, first, and
> I'm wary of both Citrix (seems to have an on-again-off-again
> relationship with Open Source technology) and VMware
> ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), but, again, it depends.  Without knowing exactly
> what you're doing and what you're trying to support, I can't really
> offer much.
>
> -Nick
We developed a 12 years project in Flash and for don't want to reinvent
the wheel again and again. More, JS does not cover very important
functions used in Actionscript (remote SharedObject, NetGroup, Multicast
etc). Also, Adobe is working since 5 years to migrate Flash API into
Webassembly. There are other promising project like Ruffle.
Yes, I think Citrix is the way to go.

David

--
E-BLOKOS