Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by hui liu <iv...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/07 22:33:40 UTC

lucene locks index, tomcat has to stop and restart

Hi all,

I met with such a problem with lucene demo:

Each time when I create lucene index, I have to first stop tomcat, and
restart tomcat after the index is created. The reason is: the index is
locked when using IndexReader.open(index) method in the jsp file.

So, I tried to modify the jsp codes by adding close(), but it shows
error which said "close() is not a static method". I checked the
source codes of lucene IndexReader methods, and found that the close()
method is final not static. I tried to change it to static, but
resulted in many errors.

So, does anybody meet the similar problem as me? Do you have any solutions?

Thank you very very much.....!!

Ivy.