Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org> on 2016/11/30 02:30:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-b1-incubating-rc2

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache
Mynewt 1.0.0, beta 1 (rc2).  This is the second release candidate for
Mynewt 1.0.0-b1.  The vote for the first release candidate was cancelled
due to licensing issues with third-party bundled software.  Details
concerning what has changed since the previous release candidate can be
found at the end of this email.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
    1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
       https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan
       The test results can be found at:
       https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.0.0-b1+Test+Results

    2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
       test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
       following platforms:
         * OS X 10.10.5
         * Linux 4.4.6 (Gentoo)

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-b1-incubating/rc2/

The commits under consideration are as follows:

blinky:
    repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-blinky
    commit: b6918edc174b764f1e0b4ef4f4652aca8fedf8dd

core:
    repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-core
    commit: c6a8f88f6b8dc7c8eee6dc75a34c9b6ea295b05d

newt:
    repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-newt
    commit: 59ec3af372952382390cfd988e503d8cf3d5b34b

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
    linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-b1-incubating/rc2/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.0.0-b1-incubating.tgz
    osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-b1-incubating/rc2/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.0.0-b1-incubating.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

As indicated, here is a list of issues with the previous release
candidate (rc1) that have been resolved:
    * Pointers for several third-party libraries added to the LICENSE
      files.
    * Some acknowledgements added to core's NOTICE file, as required by
      the licensing terms of some bundled third-party software.
    * Removal of third-party files with licenses that are incompatible
      with an Apache project.  Specifically:
        * net/ip/lwip_base/include/netif/ppp/pppoe.h
        * net/ip/lwip_base/include/netif/ppp/vj.h
        * net/ip/lwip_base/src/netif/ppp/pppoe.c
        * net/ip/lwip_base/src/netif/ppp/vj.c
      These files specified a 4-clause BSD license (or equivalent).

Thanks,
Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-b1-incubating-rc2

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
+1

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)