Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gaurav Bhatnagar <ga...@cdotd.ernet.in> on 2002/01/29 06:15:15 UTC

Validation according to XML Schema

Hello Everybody ,
   I am writing a program to validate a given XML document according to a
given set of constraints defined in XML Schema.I want to detect various
types of errors occuring in the document such as wrong format of date
or time or a field has a value that is out of specified range in xsd.
    Is there any way to trap these errors uniquely by catching some sort
of exceptions or any other way besides parsing the message string stored
in the exception object.
    Depending upon the type of error, i have to generate a unique error
code for that error.
     Please do respond ,i will feel highly obliged.
                                                   with regards
                                                   Gaurav Bhatnagar