Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/24 16:16:21 UTC

Announce: Hive-MR3 0.2

Hello Hive users,

I am pleased to announce the release of Hive-MR3 0.2.

Hive-MR3 now supports LLAP I/O. I have published a blog article that
compares the stability and performance of Hive-MR3 and Hive-LLAP:
https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/blog/2018/05/19/comparison-hivemr3-llap/

From the blog article, the pros of Hive-MR3 with respect to Hive-LLAP are:
1. Higher stability
2. Faster execution
3. Elastic allocation of cluster resources
4. Support for hive.server2.enable.doAs=true
7. Better support for concurrency

You can download Hive-MR3 0.2 at:
https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/download/home/

Any comment on Hive-MR3 0.2 will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

--- Sungwoo

Fwd: Announce: Hive-MR3 0.2

Posted by Eric Wohlstadter <wo...@gmail.com>.
Sharing this for anyone not on the hive mailing lists...

Interesting use-case of Tez.