Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ku...@dakosy.de on 2013/01/25 12:18:41 UTC

[fileupload] Cancel FileUpload when FileSizeMax is exceeded

Hi All,

I have a JSF application which runs in JBoss 6.1 which uses internal the
Tomcat Servlet container.
I want to prevent too large file uploads and have set the property "
fileSizeMax" to 10MB within the class "FileUploadBase". It works, the file
upload throws an FileSizeLimitExceededException for all files larger than
10MB.
But the main problem is, that the whole file will be transferred over the
network. I have found this out by checking the network traffic.

How can I interrupt the file transfer when the max size is exceeded
without transferring the whole file? I assume that the file will be
transferred in multiple packages because of the web form attribute enctype
="multipart/form-data.

Best regards
Anton

RE: Re: [fileupload] Cancel FileUpload when FileSizeMax is exceeded

Posted by ku...@dakosy.de.
Hi James,

no I'am using PrimeFaces which has a file upload component which is using
commons-file-upload. PrimeFaces uses a FileUploadFilter which is using the
apache commons classes "DiskFileItemFactory" and "ServletFileUpload".
Both classes are working properly and a FileSizeLimitExceededException is
thrown. But the main problem is that I can't interrupt the request. The
whole content will be transferred.
Maybe it's possible to stop the request?

Best regards

Von:    James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>
An:     "Commons Users List" <us...@commons.apache.org>
Datum:  29.01.2013 13:36
Betreff:        Re: [fileupload] Cancel FileUpload when FileSizeMax is
exceeded

Commons FileUpload is made somewhat obsolete by Servlet 3.0 API, no?  Have
you tried just using that API directly?

On Jan 29, 2013, at 7:23 AM, kunze@dakosy.de wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> which web.xml do you mean? The file within my project or within the
JBoss

http://www.ryanchapin.com/fv-b-4-667/Adding-MultipartConfig-Configuration-to-web-xml-in-JBoss-6-x-for-a-Servlet-3-0-File-Upload-Servlet.html

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Von:    James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>
An:     "Commons Users List" <us...@commons.apache.org>
Datum:  28.01.2013 21:20

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Are you by chance using Seam?  If so this might be helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2951601/issue-with-multipart-upload-in-servlet-on-seam

Von:    James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>
An:     "Commons Users List" <us...@commons.apache.org>
Datum:  29.01.2013 15:11

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Von:    James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>
An:     "Commons Users List" <us...@commons.apache.org>
Datum:  28.01.2013 12:09

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by "martijn.list" <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 01/25/2013 12:18 PM, kunze@dakosy.de wrote:
> I have a JSF application which runs in JBoss 6.1 which uses internal the
> Tomcat Servlet container.
> I want to prevent too large file uploads and have set the property "
> fileSizeMax" to 10MB within the class "FileUploadBase". It works, the file
> upload throws an FileSizeLimitExceededException for all files larger than
> 10MB.
> But the main problem is, that the whole file will be transferred over the
> network. I have found this out by checking the network traffic.
>
> How can I interrupt the file transfer when the max size is exceeded
> without transferring the whole file? I assume that the file will be
> transferred in multiple packages because of the web form attribute enctype
> ="multipart/form-data.

Did you try to set the option sizeMax (FileUploadBase#setSizeMax)
instead of fileSizeMax. sizeMax sets an upper limit on the request size.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--
DJIGZO email encryption