Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Gili Nachum <gi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/23 12:17:54 UTC

FSTs to drive type ahead search?

Hello! I've implemented a type ahead search by indexing all possible terms'
prefixes as fields on the docs.
The resulting index is about 1gb in size and fits in the filesystem cache.
Will implementing this differently, over FSTs instead of prefixes, would
bare any performance/size/features advantage?

Re: FSTs to drive type ahead search?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Try using one of FST-based suggesters and then compare?

E.g., WFSTCompletionLookup, AnalyzingSuggester, FuzzySuggester.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com