Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/02/08 15:58:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0-beta Plugin for Geronimo 2.1.3 - 2.1.5 servers - RC2

I've created a second release candidate of a set of plugins that can be
used to upgrade an existing Geronimo 2.1.3, 2.1.4 or 2.1.5-SNAPSHOT
server from OpenJPA 1.x to the new OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta, so users can
start experimenting with a JPA 2.0 certified codebase.

I just updated the hosted openjpa2/geronimo-plugins.xml for the beta
release, so it'll take about an hour before you can try installing the
plugin from the staging site into a server or you can use the following
plugin catalog until then:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-005/

Source tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/openjpa2-2.1.3-beta/

Plugin installation instructions:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/openjpa2-2.1.3-beta/README.txt
Note: You will need to restart your server before running or deploying
apps that need JPA.
The latest version of Daytrader 2.1.3 that can be used for testing can
be installed as a plugin from:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/daytrader-2.1.3/

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0-beta Plugin for Geronimo 2.1.3 - 2.1.5 servers - RC2 - canceled

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
As Kevan pointed out, the uber *-source-release.tar/zip files are
missing for the parent pom, so I'll spin another release to fix that.

-Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Well, the openjpa2 plugin XML is hosted off of our geronimo.apache.org
space and the artifacts are staged in the Apache Nexus repo, so not sure
why you are seeing connection refused.  Maybe the Nexus server was down
for quick maintenance (which seems to happen every night...)

-Donald

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 12, 2010, at 3:37 AM, frapien wrote:

> I was not successfull.
> I could only install from http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/daytrader-2.1.3/
> Daytrader :: Derby DataSource   	2.1.3  	and	Daytrader :: JMS Resource
> 2.1.3
> Daytrader :: Tomcat 	2.1.3 	Daytrader failed
>
> also installation of Geronimo Plugins, OpenJPA2 :: CAR
> 2.1.3-beta-SNAPSHOT from http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/openjpa2/
>
> org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-persistence-jpa20/2.1.3-beta-SNAPSHOT/jar
>

> Downloading
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa20-deployer/2.1.3-beta/car
>
> A problem has occured:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I installed from Donald's plugin site without a problem.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0-beta Plugin for Geronimo 2.1.3 - 2.1.5 servers - RC2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
OK, it doesn't look like I had the 2.1 branch setup to create a
source-release.tar/zip, but the 2.2 branch did create and upload those.
 So, I'll cancel the 2.1.3-beta plugin vote (but not the 2.2-beta vote)
and create another release candidate with me missing uber source files.

Until then, please take a look at the 2.2-beta plugin.

Also, I just extracted the 2.1.3-beta plugin tag to a Windows machine
that has never built it and was able to build without problems.  The
key, is that you need artifacts from a local 2.1.3 Server build in your
repo first.  I have never gotten a CAR to build for any release, unless
you build its prereq server level locally first, even for the 2.2
plugins (this holds true for the Samples and Daytrader plugins.....)

-Donald

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Resending to dev@

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Donald,

Posted by frapien <fr...@gmx.de>.
today i can download for  G 2.1.4- RC3 also i got a warning for daytrader,
but wroked fine
+1
WARN  [PluginInstallerGBean] Invalid repository: /User
s/drwoods/.m2/repository
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Maven2Repository must have a root that's a
vali
d readable directory (not C:\Users\drwoods\.m2\repository)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.AbstractRepository.<init>(Abstr
actRepository.java:66)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Maven2Repository.<init>(Maven2R
epository.java:32)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.LocalSourceRepository.<init>(LocalS
ourceRepository.java:46)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.SourceRepositoryFactory.getSourceRe
pository(SourceRepositoryFactory.java:49)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.SourceRepositoryFactory.getSourceRe
pository(SourceRepositoryFactory.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.addRepos(Plugi
nInstallerGBean.java:728)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.getRepos(Plugi
nInstallerGBean.java:720)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.install(Plugin
InstallerGBean.java:652)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.install(Plugin
InstallerGBean.java:602)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.install(Plugin
InstallerGBean.java:598)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean$3.run(PluginIn
stallerGBean.java:756)
        at org.apache.geronimo.pool.ThreadPool$1.run(ThreadPool.java:214)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.pool.ThreadPool$ContextClassLoaderRunnable.run(Th
readPool.java:344)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:886)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
then downloaded openjpa2 wihtour errors and restart fails with
Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1.4/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1.4/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Missing
dependency: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.1.4/car
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve(ConfigurationResolver.java:113)
any idea?
thanks, frank

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0-beta Plugin for Geronimo 2.1.3 - 2.1.5 servers - RC2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

Source passed mvn rat:check
Was able to rebuild from the tag.
Was able to install the plugins.
Restarted server and then installed Daytrader 2.1.3, configured it,
switched to EJB3 Full mode and was able to run the Test Scenario servlet
and see that OpenJPA was being used -
2010-02-08 10:01:13,511 INFO  [Runtime] Starting OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta
2010-02-08 10:01:13,572 INFO  [JDBC] Using dictionary class
"org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary".