Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shravan R <sk...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/16 02:46:56 UTC

multiple snitches in the same cluster

Can we have multiple snitches within the same cluster?

Reason for the ask: I need to find an optimal migration path from on prem
DC to AWS.
Currently the cluster has TWO on prem DCs and the end cluster state should
be TWO DCs in same region/multiple zones in AWS.

I know there is EC2Snitch - but that is if I have all the servers in AWS

I am thinking of using existing property file snitch but hand stitch the
rack and dc from AWS region/zone and add two more DC's. Down side with this
approach - I am really not using EC2Snitch which would have been nice.

BTW I am running apache cassandra 2.1.9 (yeah old).

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

-Sravan

RE: multiple snitches in the same cluster

Posted by MORAND Jean <je...@docapost.fr>.
unsubscribe

Posted by Shravan R <sk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Paul