Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <am...@wso2.com> on 2010/08/20 08:30:55 UTC

Should mail-1.4.jar distributed with axis2 ?

Hi All,
    I am carrying out few tests with axis2-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT. I deployed
axis2-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT in tomcat version 5.5.20. When staring tomcat i
found following error in ${tomcat_home}/logs/catalina.out.

[ERROR] StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/internet/ParseException
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(AxisConfigBuilder.java:207)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.populateAxisConfiguration(DeploymentEngine.java:703)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.<init>(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:157)
javax.mail.internet.ParseException
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1355)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1201)

Later i  found mail-1.4.jar is not in the classpath and it is the, cause
for above mentioned error. Thus mail-1.4.jar is also not deployed with
axis2.war.
So is this an issue or an expected behavior ? i.e. are we expecting
users to have mail.1.4.jar in their class paths ?
If mail-1.4.jar needs to be distributed with axis2 i can raise an issue
and a submit a patch.

Please give feedback.

Thanks
AmilaJ

Re: Should mail-1.4.jar distributed with axis2 ?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
I've reworked a bit the webapp module (on the trunk and the 1.5
branch). It should now contain all the necessary JARs.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.