Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Brian Hirt <bh...@mobygames.com> on 2002/11/21 07:04:17 UTC

sites.html

I was looking over the documentation on perl.apache.org today and ran
across this page: http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/sites.html  Near
the bottom of the page it says let us know if you use mod_perl.

Any way, our site www.mobygames.com is a game site that runs 100% on
mod_perl.  We put out a fair amount of data through the system, around
1,000,000 mod_perl pages a day.  MobyGames is similiar to IMDB in that
it attempts to catalog video and computer games, along with the credits
of the games, trivia, descriptions, reviews, etc.  If you guys are
interested in a mod_perl plug, I'd be happy to write one.  We love
mod_perl.

--brian

--
Brian Hirt <bh...@mobygames.com>

Re: sites.html

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Brian Hirt wrote:
> I was looking over the documentation on perl.apache.org today and ran
> across this page: http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/sites.html  Near
> the bottom of the page it says let us know if you use mod_perl.

Absolutely! If you know of any other sites using mod_perl heavily we
want to know.

> Any way, our site www.mobygames.com is a game site that runs 100% on
> mod_perl.  We put out a fair amount of data through the system, around
> 1,000,000 mod_perl pages a day.  MobyGames is similiar to IMDB in that
> it attempts to catalog video and computer games, along with the credits
> of the games, trivia, descriptions, reviews, etc.  If you guys are
> interested in a mod_perl plug, I'd be happy to write one.  We love
> mod_perl.

Fantastic. You have two choices: having a short entry at
/outstanding/sites.html, or having a more complete story at
/outstanding/success_stories/ which is a way cooler. Giving interesting
details and war stories where mod_perl was a time saver (or the only
working solution) are really useful for others to convince their bosses
to move to mod_perl.

In any case looking forward to adding your site to perl.apache.org