Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Len Bellemore <Le...@ControlCircle.com> on 2014/03/06 14:49:52 UTC

prevent disks from being created on primary storage volume

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to prevent new disks from being created on a particular primary storage volume?  I'm using NFS storage.

I don't want to stop the instances that are currently using it, just prevent any more disks from being created there.

Thanks
Len

________________________________
IMPORTANT NOTICE. This electronic message contains information from Control Circle Ltd, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above) immediately. Activity and use of the ControlCircle e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes

Re: prevent disks from being created on primary storage volume

Posted by Tomasz Zięba <t....@gmail.com>.
A very good suggestion.
Very lacking this functionality during the migration process where we would
like to prevent to run new machines on storages from which we want to
migrate instances.

Tomasz Zięba
Twitter: @TZieba
LinkedIn: pl.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-zięba-ph-d/3b/7a8/ab6/<http://pl.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-zi%C4%99ba-ph-d/3b/7a8/ab6/>

RE: prevent disks from being created on primary storage volume

Posted by Len Bellemore <Le...@ControlCircle.com>.
Thanks Geoff,

How would that affect my instance if I need to reboot it, or shut down / start it?  Would it be prevented from starting because the service offering tags that the instance has would no longer match that of the volume?

Len

You can try adding tags on primary storage you want to use, and use the same tags for the disk offering.

Is it possible to prevent new disks from being created on a particular primary storage volume?  I'm using NFS storage.

I don't want to stop the instances that are currently using it, just prevent any more disks from being created there.

Thanks
Len

IMPORTANT NOTICE. This electronic message contains information from Control Circle Ltd, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above) immediately. Activity and use of the ControlCircle e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes Need Enterprise Grade Support for Apache CloudStack?

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Saksham Srivastava <sa...@citrix.com>.