Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/04/10 14:18:42 UTC

[VOTE] Test Driven Development for Airavata

Hi All,

This was a very good proposal from Amila, there was some discussion but not a lot. How about we vote on it to make it a policy for the project.

+ 1 Apache Airavata will benefit from TDD and I agree to adopt it as a policy.
+ 0 I have no opinion
-1 I think TDD development make hinder creativity ..or I disagree to make this as a policy because …...

Suresh

Re: [VOTE] Test Driven Development for Airavata

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This was a very good proposal from Amila, there was some discussion but
> not a lot. How about we vote on it to make it a policy for the project.
>
> + 1 Apache Airavata will benefit from TDD and I agree to adopt it as a
> policy.
> + 0 I have no opinion
> -1 I think TDD development make hinder creativity ..or I disagree to make
> this as a policy because …...
>
> Suresh
>
> On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > As an attempt to increase test coverage we thought of introducing
> > "Test Driven Development" (TDD) into Airavata. Please find more
> > information about how we use TDD in Airavata in [1].
> >
> > TDD is easy to follow approach with lot of advantages. So we encourage
> > everyone to use TDD in their projects (GSoC and also in regular
> > patches).
> > Further we have developed set of integration tests and feel free to
> > augment integration test coverage. You may also find information about
> > integration tests in [1].
> >
> > We consider functionality is "completed" when we have a comprehensive
> > test cases which tests those functionality.
> >
> > Please feel free to comment (good or bad).
> >
> > [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Tests+in+Airavata
> >
> > Thanks
> > Amila

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/heshan

Re: [VOTE] Test Driven Development for Airavata

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Here is my + 1.

We have consensus so far, but since this is a policy, I will leave it open for few more hours before closing, if you have any disagreements please voice them now.

Cheers,
Suresh

Posted by Raminder Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
+1, please.

Regards,
Amila

[RESULT][VOTE] Test Driven Development for Airavata

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
With 72+ hours, this vote is now closed with the following tally:

+1 Saminda Wijeratne*
+1 Marlon Pierce*
+1 Amila Jayasekara*
+1 Chathuri Wimalasena*
+1 Raminder Singh*
+1 Heshan Suriyaarachchi*
+1 Shahani Weerawarna*
+1 Suresh Marru*

* Binding votes - Airavata PMC Member

The VOTE passes with 8 +1 binding votes and no negatives. The resolution is: Airavata will adopt Test Driven Development. I will update the website.

Posted by Shahani Markus Weerawarana <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Shahani

--
*Shahani Markus Weerawarana, Ph.D.*
*Computer Scientist*

Re: [VOTE] Test Driven Development for Airavata

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

+1

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1