Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yuhan Zhang <yz...@onescreen.com> on 2012/05/16 04:09:49 UTC

how do remove default_validation_class using cassandra-cli?

Hi all,

Is there a way to remove default_validation_class after assigned it to a
column family?

I'd like to have a column family storing both string and long. looks like
it throws error at
me for "String didn't validate".

Thank you.

Yuhan

Re: how do remove default_validation_class using cassandra-cli?

Posted by Yuhan Zhang <yz...@onescreen.com>.
to answer my own question: set default_validation_class = BytesType;

--
Yuhan Zhang
Application Developer

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or legally
privileged. Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not constitute a
waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in error, please do
not directly or indirectly print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or
otherwise use the information. In addition, please delete this e-mail and
all copies and notify the sender.